We offer an A La Carte Menu and a Tasting Menu.
Our A La Carte menu is £39 for 3 courses at lunch and £65 for 3 courses at dinner.
Our Tasting Menu is £75 and we also offer a £55 wine pairing with our Tasting Menu.
Please see sample menus below
– Approachable fine dining and the world’s best wines –
We opened Portland in January 2015 and have been here most days since! Our aim was to open a great neighbourhood restaurant but thanks to an incredibly-talented opening team, we got a bit smarter than we thought we would be and gained a Michelin star later that year which we are very proud to have retained ever since.
We try to offer the best contemporary example of fine dining in London – this doesn’t mean cloches and tablecloths (we don’t own a single one of either!) but the finest produce we can find cooked with precision and a high level of technique. Our team is led by Executive Chef Stuart Andrew who has been with our company since the first day.
Wine has always been central to what we do and more so now than ever – as well as our monthly-changing wine list we have a unique Single Bottle List featuring some of the world’s finest wines at, in some cases, lower than retail prices. James Fryer, our head of beverage and co-director of the business, is always on the hunt for new brilliant wines and is just as excited by a brilliant house red as he is by a Grand Cru burgundy.
On the floor our team is led by Gabor who always wants to hear about anything they can do to make your visit that bit special – if it’s a birthday, anniversary or you just want to have a negroni waiting for you when you get here, please let us know.
We hope to see you here soon,
Will Lander and Daniel Morgenthau
We are open from Tuesday to Saturday for lunch and for dinner. Please use the online booking system below – if your preferred table is not available do give us a call on 0207 436 3261 and we will do our best to make something work. We kindly request to let us know upon booking of any dietaries in order to provide the most creative choices for your requirements.
For groups looking for a more secluded dining experience, our private room is available. Please click here for more information.
Perfect for small groups
Our Private Dining Room is perfect for groups of 6 to 12
As well as all the same precautions we are taking in the upstairs dining room, the room is also fitted with its own IQair air purifier.
The room is all yours for the afternoon or the evening and you will have a dedicated member of our team looking after you
Our menu begins with welcome snacks sent from the kitchen while you enjoy a drink or wait for the last few guests to arrive, followed by 3 courses from our a la carte menu. The menu is £45 at lunch and £75 at dinner.
Our wine lists are both available and we have a special Magnums list on offer for the Private Room
How to book
To book the room click below
We kindly request at least 2 weeks’ notice for cancellations. In the unlikely event of less notice, we will regrettably request a cancellation fee of £40 per person.
Cancellations on the day will incur a full menu fee.
Thank you for booking the private dining room here with us at Portland. Your booking is confirmed, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your guests. Here is a summary of your booking:
Wine is as important as food and service at Portland.
Our main wine list aims to offer brilliant value on interesting, different wines which we hope you seldom see on restaurant wine lists.
Our Single Bottle List contains some of some of the world’s finest wines and also more accessible offerings from our favourite producers. We aim to be very keenly priced and at the high-end match or even undercut what you might find online – we even have a few bottles, such as the Mayacamas 1973 Cabernet Sauvignon, which are no longer available anywhere else!
Reserving your bottle from the Single Bottle List in advance is strongly recommended
How we are making our dining rooms safe
We have taken the following steps, above and beyond the 1 metre gap between tables and all other government guidance, to ensure you can feel as relaxed as possible while dining with us.
1. Masks – all our Front of House staff wear masks
2. Air filtration – all our dining rooms have been fitted with brand new IQAir air purifiers equipped with a hospital-grade HyperHEPA filters.
3. Air flow – our front doors in all dining rooms will be open all day allowing for maximum circulation of fresh air. All our dining rooms are additionally fitted with a ‘fresh air’ air conditioning system.
4. Your table – your table will be set, prior to your arrival, by colleagues wearing disposable gloves and your menus will already be on the table ready for you.
5. Staff wellbeing – we take and record the temperatures of all our colleagues before each service.
6. ‘Contact-free dining’ – we are aware that for lots of reasons, each of our guests will have a different view on the level of interaction they would like with our teams during this unique period. For those who want to keep this to an absolute minimum we can offer ‘contact-free dining’ whereby your table will be set with everything you might need for your lunch or dinner and nothing, other than your dishes from the kitchen will be touched by anyone other than you. To find out about options for pre-ordering with contact-free dining please email the restaurant.
We appreciate some of this may seem to jar with the informal but professional hospitality we have always tried to define ourselves by. However, we feel the first step has to be to make our guests and our teams feel as safe as possible. With this achieved, our guests can see our restaurants as a place to relax and enjoy the type of hospitality and escapism that restaurants should always offer but have been unable to over the last few months.
113 Great Portland Street
London, W1W 6QQ
Phone: Tel: 020 7436 3261
Email: [email protected]
Tuesday – Saturday: 12pm – 2.45pm and 5.30pm – 10pm (last booking time)
We are always on the lookout for talented hospitality professionals to join our growing team.
Please send your CV to [email protected]